Help installing the toolkit

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM

OK I have read your comments in your files and ascendiums page.  However I have no clue where to install this, where to get the left out functions, how to call it from the ASPX page.

Sorry for my ignorance, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
May 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Edited May 24, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Sorry for the late response. Codeplex doesn't send me an email when there are questions posted here. Please make sure to check out my latest blog post at http://danielcai.blogspot.com/2010/05/mscrm4-web-service-toolkit-for.html. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Jun 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM
Same question here... I checked out your bog entry but am not sure what to do. So far I have unzipped the source files and added them to a new folder in my ISV folder named CRMServiceToolkit. Then my next thought was to reference the .js file as an external file using your examples in other blog entries but that isn't working either. Any help would be much appreciated. :) Andrew acraigx@hotmail.com
May 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Hi - I am a CRM novice as well, and being that there weren't any step-by-step installation instructions,  I had to play around with the files until I got it to work.  Here are my instructions.  I hope that this saves someone the guesswork:

1.  On your CRM application server, navigate to the CrmWeb/ISV directory and then create a new folder called "CrmServiceToolkit". 

2.  Unzip the files into the "CrmServiceToolkit" folder that you just created.

3.  Now if you want to use Daniel Cai's functions in a specific entity -- lets use the Opportunity entity as an example -- post this snippet of code at the very top of your onLoad() event for your entity to reference the code that you just placed on the server:

var script = document.createElement('script');
script.language = 'javascript';
script.src = '/ISV/CRMServiceToolkit/CrmServiceToolkit.js';
document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);

4.  Now you can just copy and paste his examples below that reference and manipulate your data through web services all day long!  Enjoy.

May 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi,
I am using same Update code but getting an error Message while Update a record:

---------------------------
Message from webpage
There was an error with this field's customized event.

Field:crmForm

Event:onsave

Error:Public assembly must have public key token.
OK

I am not understanding why I am getting this error. Please assist me.